Thanksgiving is a wonderful yearly reminder that we need to be thankful of all of the things we have: family, friends, our homes, our health. But, we need to be thankful everyday. We all have our hard days (sometimes weeks) where we can’t see the good. But counting our blessings is something we really should aim to do every day. I did not do the daily Facebook thanksgiving posts, so here are just some of the things I’m thankful for…
1. My Faith. Those hard days/weeks I mentioned- my faith is what got me through mine the most. The Lord is so incredibly good to me.
2. My Family.
3. My Friends.
5. Electricity. Definitely took this for granted till Hurricane Sandy reminded me.
6. My Phone. Seems maybe pretentious for me to add this, but I don’t know how I would survive without it. Another Hurricane Sandy reminder.
7. Google. Seriously has the answer to anything.
8. My Car. Her name is Lucy and she’s very good to me.
9. My Apartment. It is my haven.
10. GPS. I think next to the phone and electricity it is the greatest invention.
11. My Health. Ok, I know you’re thinking this should be higher on my list. It is, I’m just too lazy to change it.
12. Coffee. Like a car needs motor oil, I need my daily caffeine fix.
13. My Job. I’m doing what I love full-time finally and love every minute of it. I’m thankful I enjoy getting up and going to work everyday.
14. Social Media. Some days I think it’s a curse, but most days it is a blessing. I have made great friends because of it, have found another creative outlet with it and do it for a living. News gets to people instantly (blessing if a Hurricane is coming your way, curse if it’s a nasty rumor) because of it. I can communicate with family and friends out of state or the country. For that alone I’m thankful.
15. Every opportunity given to me.
16. Wine… And Christmas Ale.
17. Facetime. Like #14, getting to talk to my family and friends who aren’t in town and actually get to see them is so awesome.
18. My Cleveland. It is booming and being looked at in the way I always wanted it to be looked at. Finally it’s appreciated.
19. My Senses. I don’t want to know what life is like without any of them.
20. Love. It’s All You Need.
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! xo