Let’s also title this Some Lessons Learned In 30 Years.
1. Mom is basically always right. No, seriously. I can maybe think of one time she wasn’t completely right. (But sometimes you just have to follow your heart.)
2. SAVE moolah for emergencies. Maybe in my 30s I’ll finally get this one right.
3. Let go of expectations.
4. Don’t slack on working out after 25. They weren’t joking when they say your metabolism slows!
5. Don’t let anyone make you feel guilty for your life path. Not your job, not who you choose to date, not for your beliefs. None of it. Your path is your own so just enjoy the journey.
6. Don’t get caught up in gossip. Remember, it looks bad on you for being a part of it and the people talking about others probably don’t know the real story anyways.
7. Walk away from toxic people and don’t feel guilty about it. You can’t change people, so walk away.
8. You have to get uncomfortable to get comfortable. Take Chances!
9. You will have your heart broken…a few times. But, it will be ok. You will learn a hell of a lot about yourself and make some great friends (and some art) from it.
10. Don’t let fear stop you. Fear can be paralyzing, but if you just keep going it’s totally worth it.
11. Tell your family everyday that you love them and try to visit as much as possible. Life really, truly goes fast.
12. Don’t be so trusting. There is a saying, “Be careful who you open up to. Only a few people actually care, the rest are just curious.” No doubt. Too many so-called “friends” have taught me this lesson.
13. When dating, if he does the following: treats you like crap, is not supportive, cheats on you, lies and/or makes you walk on eggshells…dump him immediately. No, you can’t change him, influence him or inspire him. He will not change. Walk away and upgrade!
14. It’s ok to love fully (Even the jerks). But don’t settle.
15. Move! And if you hate it and move back that is ok too.
16. Trust your gut. It could very well save your life. If it doesn’t seem right, it’s not.
17. DO NOT get more than one credit card. Seriously.
18. Don’t go to school unless you’re really ready to.
19. Quit saying you’re old. You’re not old. I feel younger at 30 than I did at 20!
20. If he wants you, he’ll make the effort.
21. Limit the booze intake. That hangover is just not worth it. Oh, and after 25, a hell of a lot harder to work off. And that’s a lot of moolah you just spent.
22. But if you do drink too much nothing cures it quite like pickle juice, McD’s egg mcmuffin, a hot shower and nap.
23. Use moisturizer everyday. One with at least SPF 15.
24. Sometimes you have to take the long way to find out what your calling in life is. I’ve had HOW many jobs only to end up doing exactly what I said I wanted to do as a kid. But, I wouldn’t have the friends, knowledge, appreciation and resources I have if I hadn’t gone through all of that.
25. Not everyone is meant to be in your life forever. There are Reasons, Seasons and Lifetime.
26. There really is nothing sexier than confidence and a sense of humor.
27. You never know unless you ask. The worst you’ll get is a ‘no’.
28. Having an inspiration board helps!
29. Don’t let anyone steal your joy. They’re just jealous/miserable/sad.
30. I will never have all the answers, but I’m having a great time finding them!